Do you like to ski or snowboard and help others? Become a Ski Patroller!
The Great Bear Ski Patrol is a group of certified volunteers dedicated to providing a fun and safe environment for our guests to enjoy winter sports!
If you have an EMT or higher medical certification we would be more than happy to have you on our team!
But if you don’t already have a medical certification, don’t worry! We are a proud member of the National Ski Patrol and offer two options for you to join.
$25 Season Pass for you and your family!
Certification: NSP Outdoor Emergency Care
- Treat injuries on and off the ski and tubing hills
- Apply splints, control bleeding, provide safe transport down the hill, etc
- Perform rescues when necessary
- Help promote safe practices while skiing
- Access to all NSP benefits and retail discounts
Class is held once a year for 12+ weeks. The class includes online learning, in-depth hands-on skills, an OEC textbook, and a two part final exam.
For more info, visit: https://nspserves.org/outdoor-emergency-care/
Certification: NSP Outdoor First Care
- Assist NSP Ski Patrollers on the hill and in the patrol room
- Apply basic first aid skills to real life scenarios under the guidance of OEC Ski Patrollers
- Participate in real medical care of guests
- Great first step toward becoming a full NSP Ski Patroller!
Classes are 1-2 weeks long and may be held multiple times a season. The class includes online learning, practicing hands on skills, and a final exam.
For more info, visit: https://nspserves.org/outdoor-first-care/